Beit Polska’s multi faceted vision for the renewal of Progressive Polish Jewish life is supported by Friends of Jewish Renewal in Poland (501 3c) and the European/World Union for Progressive Judaism (EUPJ/ WUPJ). In addition we seek your vital support–through your foundation, through family celebrations and memorials, and through your personal gifts.
Click here to see the ‘omnibus’ projects; we seek your partnership and collaboration.Your interest is key to redeveloping Jewish life in Poland. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and blogs, PolishJewsReviving.org and RabbiBeliakBlog.org, and help us create the miracle.
Target $12,000 per year
Poland has distinguished itself in the quality and number of medical school programs that prepare students for the American Medical Association board exams. There are approximately ten such programs in Poland that have an estimated ten to fifteen young Israeli and other Jews of various nationalities—total 150 students. Some medical doctors-in-training are the children and grandchildren of people who left Poland in 1968 or earlier. Some even speak some everyday Polish. Beit Polska seeks to sponsor a medical ethics conference with noted scholars such as Rabbi Elliot Dorff and others to foster a sense of community among Jewish medical students.
Note: This can be coordinated through the London based Rabbinic School, Leo Baeck College and its affiliate Hebrew Union College and the Frankel/ Geiger School of Rabbinic Studies in Germany, which shares an alliance with the American Jewish University in Los Angeles.
- Introduce Jewish perspectives on medical ethics in a sensitive and non-threatening way
- Create a sense of Jewish connection for disparate Jews and Israelis in Poland
- Connect young Jews who remain in Poland through professional associations; model for future groups and associations
- Develop relations with medical schools for exchange programs and visiting faculty
- Nation-wide conferences with important leading Jewish figures such Rabbi Elliott Dorff
- Semester and short courses offered in the medical schools in English build institutional relations
Click here to return to the main Omnibus Grant Application.