Beit Polska’s multi faceted vision for the renewal of Progressive Polish Jewish life is supported by Friends of Jewish Renewal in Poland (501 3c) and the European/World Union for Progressive Judaism (EUPJ/ WUPJ). In addition we seek your vital support–through your foundation, through family celebrations and memorials, and through your personal gifts.
Click here to see the ‘omnibus’ projects; we seek your partnership and collaboration.Your interest is key to redeveloping Jewish life in Poland. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and blogs, PolishJewsReviving.org and RabbiBeliakBlog.org, and help us create the miracle.
These are non-profit businesses that will realize a return to support Beit Polska initiatives. These venture projects will draw on talented people from our congregational community. Beit Polska has established a non-profit entity responsible to the board, to foster ventures that will be conducted as businesses, to bring in income to the Beit Polska goal of self-sufficiency. Initially, the expected profit will be limited, but the model of operation and accountability will reflect an entrepreneurial spirit that will benefit the growth of the Progressive Polish Jewish community, provide for the general business and social welfare of Polish society. These projects will provide substantial part-time work for community members. The business training will create important community dynamics that will re-introduce a sense of market economy, and improved community cohesion. These venture projects will provide legitimacy and visibility for Progressive Judaism in Poland.
Target $25,000 first year
This program will train selected Beit Polska congregants to advise non-meat packaged food factories in Poland (and elsewhere in Europe) on procedures to be certified kosher, and then provide fee-based inspection and certification, using a unique non-Orthodox kosher label that is registered internationally and copyrighted in the European Union. An Israeli Conservative rabbi was brought to Warsaw in July 2014, to conduct the first of a series of seminars leading towards licensing the first group of Beit Polska kosher inspectors. A Beit Polska Kosher Foundation has been created and recognized under Polish law. A website will be created. A program of educating modern Polish food processing companies about the economic advantages of carrying a kosher certification began in the summer of 2014. Responses from food processing plants in Poland have been positive.
- Contact and sign 25 entities (including food factories, restaurants, and suppliers) for kosher supervision and certification.
- Continue training kosher supervisors with Rabbi Shlomo Zacharaw, including two weekend seminars per year:, increase total group participation to 15 (up from 8 in 2014)
- Recruit and train 5 sales people to find and sign the food entities
- Conclude BP Kosher Foundation legal status, including Statutes. website, and international trademark registration
- Provide a service to properly inspected businesses
- Make a friendly and open connection to businesses that inspires confidence
- Direct marketing; Polish-English web site
- We have made initial contact with companies in Poland.
- We have a registered trademark
Click here to return to the main Omnibus Grant Application.